The Mechanoadaptation and Caveolae Biology Lab at CNIC, led by Miguel Ángel del Pozo is recruiting a postdoctoral fellow to study the principles by which mechanical forces, tissue remodeling, inflammation and aging drive cardiovascular disease. The selected candidate will combine state-of-the-art immunobiology and exosome biology, advanced omics and biophysics, with mouse disease models, in collaboration with top laboratories in the field (David Sancho, CNIC-Madrid, Jacob Bentzon, Aarhus U.; Martin Schwartz, Yale U.), to explore how cells respond to mechanical cues stemming from their environment (blood flow, muscle contraction, stiffening associated with aging…) and how this drives tissue remodeling and immunomodulation. The project is supported by grants from MICINN, La Caixa Health Research Programme (AtheroConvergence), AECC, La Marató de TV3, and Comunidad de Madrid (Tec4Bio). We encourage highly motivated candidates to apply to the current Juan de la Cierva programme call. Eligible candidates should possess a strong academic record, with first authorship of at least one Q1 publication. Previous experience in either extracellular matrix biology, immunity and the biology of inflammation, proteomics, metabolism, animal models, and/or cardiovascular disease will be very positively valued. A letter of motivation, CV and contact details of 3 references should be addressed to email@example.com. Informal inquiries for further information can be requested at +34 914531200, ext. 1161.
Links of interest:
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
- FN Lolo, N Walani, […] B Qualmann, M Arroyo & MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1 dolines form a distinct and rapid caveolaeindependent mechanoadaptation system.” (2022) Nat Cell Biol, Dec 21 doi: 10.1038/s41556-022-01034-3.
- FN Lolo, […] X Trepat, P Roca-Cusachs, & MA del Pozo. “Caveolae couple mechanical stress to integrin recycling and activation.” (2022) eLife, Oct 20;11:e82348. doi: 10.7554/eLife.82348.
- M García-García, […] D Görlich, A Echarri & MA del Pozo. “Mechanical control of nuclear import by Importin-7 is regulated by its dominantcargo YAP.” (2022) Nat Commun 13(1):1174
- L Albacete-Albacete, […] & MA del Pozo. “ECM deposition is driven by caveolin1-dependent regulation of exosomal biogenesis and cargo sorting.” (2020) J Cell Biol 219(11):e202006178. doi: 10.1083/jcb.202006178.
- MA del Pozo, F Lolo & A Echarri. “Caveolae: mechanosensing and mechanotransduction devices linking membrane trafficking to mechanoadaptation”. (2020) Curr Op Cell Biol Nov 11;68:113-123. doi: 10.1016/j.ceb.2020.10.008.3
- A Echarri, […] C Lamaze, RG Parton & MA del Pozo. “An Abl-FBP17 mechanosensing system couples local plasma membrane curvature andstress fiber remodeling during mechanoadaptation”. (2019) Nat Commun 10, 5828
- R Moreno-Vicente, […] MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1 Modulates Mechanotransduction Responses to Substrate Stiffness through Actin-Dependent Control of YAP”. (2018) Cell Rep 25(6):1622-1635.e6
- S Minguet, […] M Reth & MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1-dependent BCR nanoscale organization prevents B cell malfunction andautoimmunity”. (2017) Nat Immunol (10):1150-1159
- I Navarro-Lérida, [...] & MA del Pozo. “Rac1 nucleocytoplasmic shuttling drives nuclear shape changes and tumor invasion”.(2015). Dev Cell 32:318-334. # Highlighted by Dev Cell “Previews”
10. R Strippoli, […] & MA del Pozo. “Caveolin-1 deficiency induces a MEK-ERK1/2-Snail-1-dependent epithelialmesenchymaltransition and fibrosis during peritoneal dialysis”. (2015) EMBO Mol Med. Mar;7(3):357
11. RG Parton & MA del Pozo. “Caveolae as plasma membrane sensors, protectors and organizers” (2013) Nat Rev Mol CellBiol Feb;14(2):98-112
12. JG Goetz, […] & MA del Pozo “Biomechanical remodeling of the microenvironment by stromal caveolin-1 favors tumor invasion and metastasis” (2011) Cell Jul 8;146(1):148-63