IMPORTANT: The interested person must send the Curriculum Vitae, the degree and the work life report MANDATORY through the CNIC application web, which can be found at the following link:
Requests that are not sent through the CNIC website cannot be accepted.
The CNIC has been conceived to develop research of excellence, competitive and of international relevance in relation to cardiovascular diseases. The CNIC has a research center of 24,000 m2, located in Madrid, with more than 6,000 m2 for laboratories equipped with a state-of-the-art infrastructure and equipment.
The laboratory of Prof. Silvia Priori is seeking an enthusiastic and highly motivated Lab Technician with strong lab knowledge interested in joining our research team. The team of Molecular Cardiology is a senior group at CNIC dedicated to the study of cardiac arrhythmias with a special focus on developing gene therapy strategies for the treatment of inherited cardiac diseases that lead to sudden cardiac death. We study cardiac electrical properties in knock in mice that recapitulate the disease phenotype similar to the one observed in humans. We use state of the art technology to assess calcium imaging in healthy and diseased cells. We also use tissue samples from patients and controls to obtain induced pluripotent stem cells-derived myocytes and super resolution microscopy imaging to dissect protein abnormalities at nanoscopic level in human myocytes.
Perform several cell biology techniques including cell cultures, PCR/ real time PCR, western blot, Cell Sorting and differentiation of cardiac myocytes from induced pluripotent stem cells. Given the focus of the laboratory in the study of animal models of cardiac inherited diseases (mice, guinea pigs, pigs) the job will include isolation of cardiac myocytes from the whole heart for electrophysiology study, for microscopy evaluation, for protein extraction.
Organize and set-up laboratories as required, and to work as part of a team ensuring that sufficient consumables are in stock, equipment is maintained and in full working order and to oversee the compliance with regulations of the research that is conducted.
- University degree in life sciences.
- Lab knowledge including work in the cardiac field (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- Lab knowledge in managing genetically modified animal (mice/pigs) colonies (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Knowledge in cell culture (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- Knowledge in molecular biology methods and techniques (Real time PCR, Western blot....) (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- Knowledge in the use of confocal microscopes (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction and number of known techniques).
- Knowledge in maintaining laboratory organization, i.e. databases, reagent inventory, protocols and supplies (it will be valued according to the number of years or fraction).
- Joining a research center with international relevance in science.
- Integration in a young team in an environment of scientific excellence.
- Access to an infrastructure with the latest technology.
- Competitive remuneration according to experience and qualification.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Temporary contract according to candidate's profile as long as the selected person complies with the legal requirements for the formalization of the contract in accordance with the "Spanish labor law"
At least three candidates with the highest score (as long as they reach the minimum of 60 points as a sum of criteria C1-C6) will be interviewed. The candidate with the highest score will be hired given the total score (C1-C7) reaches 80 points.
The CNIC is a center that advocates equal job opportunities for men and women, foreign and national, and promote nondiscrimination by reason of age, race or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sexual orientation, language, disability, political orientation or social or economic conditions. The CNIC ensures the utmost rigor in the application of the principles of equality, merit and ability in public employment and current rules on data protection.