Predoctoral Researcher at IMDEA Energy to work on Advanced Biofuel Production by Catalytic Processes
The Institute IMDEA Energy is a Research Centre created by the Regional Government of “Comunidad de Madrid” to develop world-class R&D on clean and renewable energy. The ultimate goal of the Institute IMDEA Energy is to achieve outstanding scientific and technological contributions in the creation of a sustainable energy system. The aim of the Institute is to make a significant impact in all energy-related research topics by bringing together high quality researchers, providing them with excellent infrastructures and resources and promoting their close collaboration with the industrial sector.
IMDEA Energy is opening a predoctoral researcher position on advanced biofuel production by catalytic processes, with the following characteristics:
- Preparation and characterization of multifunctional heterogeneous catalysts of different type (zeolites, oxides…) for the thermochemical production of new generation biofuels.
- Assay of the materials in different chemical processes using lab and bench scale chemical reactors.
- Servicing, maintenance, calibration of equipment and basic modifications of reaction systems.
- Critical analysis and dissemination of the results and writing of reports.
- Being in possession of an official degree in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- Having no more than 5 years in possession of an official degree.
- Experience on basic techniques of materials preparation and characterization methodologies
- Demonstrable experience in using chemical reactors, and analysis techniques of bio-liquids (GC-MS, elemental analysis, Karl-Fischer titration, etc)
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
Location: Mostoles, Madrid, Spain.
Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise of the candidate.
Duration: One year appointment with annual renewals depending on performance