IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Position for the Electrochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on the manufacturing and modelling of electrochemical energy storage systems, including Lithium-ion and solid-state batteries.
This project is funded with public funds by the Community of Madrid through the programme "Grants for the attraction of research talent to the Community of Madrid in R&D centres 2022" (Ref. 2022-T1/IND-23776).
- Active material and electrode preparation and characterization using morphological and crystallographic techniques such as XRD, SEM and TGA among others.
- Preparation of the battery electrodes by different fabrication techniques including 3D printing. The candidate will also need to formulate the inks attending to their rheological properties.
- Manufacturing of batteries in different cell configurations including coin cell, Swagelok and pouch cell.
- Testing and evaluation of the performance and ageing of the batteries by electrochemical means and post-mortem analysis. Experimental validation of models.
- The candidate will collaborate in the data-driven and first principle-based modelling of battery cells' charge, heat and mass transport.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in high-quality scientific journals, presentation in congresses, etc.
- Supervision of Master and undergraduate students.
Para participar en el proceso de selección, es necesario aplicar a través de la oferta publicada en la página web de IMDEA Energía, facilitando toda la información y documentos que se solicitan.
To participate in the selection process, it is necessary to apply through the offer published on IMDEA Energía's website, providing all the information and documents requested.