ARQUIMEA Research Center (ARC) , part of ARQUIMEA, was born in 2019 with the aim of inventing the technologies of tomorrow. We focus on Deep Tech solutions with a very high impact on the markets and/or future global challenges. We rely on a product-oriented strategy, market diversification and internationalization to achieve a sustainable growth with the aim of creating the technology of tomorrow. Our projects arise from the convergence of exponential technologies or Deep Tech: Nanotechnology and Materials, Sensors, Drones & Robotics, Biotechnology & Genetics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Quantum Technologies, Networks & Security, Digital Manufacturing.
We are looking for a Research Engineer – Modelling and Simulation with knowledge in the field of analytical modelling and simulation. The suitable candidate would be working on detailed digital models for the robotic systems under development in our center.
Tasks to be performed:
- Selection and evaluation of simulation and modelling tools and methods.
- Modelling of robotic actuators, including physical properties, control algorithms and actuator/robot interfaces under different scenarios.
- Liaise with other members of the team to understand the complexity of the system, the dependencies and interactions between sub-systems and represent them in the models.
- Collaborate during testing and validation of the simulation models with real prototypes.
- Testing and debugging of models, both at the actuator level and robot level.
- Read and understand relevant research papers
- Participate in agile planning meetings and contribute to the agile-based work management tools.
- Contribute to the internal and external documentation of the Project.
Required skills and experience:
- Studies in the field of Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or relevant PhD or Master’s
- Strong knowledge in the design, implementation and tuning of Models with emphasis on complex systems involving mechanics, thermals, electrical and dynamics. Knowledge in robotics is desired but not a must.
- Experience with modelling tools (Gazebo, Matlab, Simulink/Simscape or any comparable tool).
- Experience in Matlab and Simulink with direct experience with deployment on real-time target systems
- Experience with Hardware in the Loop (HIL) is desired.
- Confident with source control (GIT).
- Experience testing and debugging physical systems like sensors, actuators, and algorithms.
- Experience working with agile methodologies is desired.
- Basic understanding of mechanics, electronics and software, and its role/impact when modelling complex systems and their control.
- Detail-oriented person, with experience working in agile development environments, especially when focused to product hardware development.
- Proficient in English.
- You must enjoy working in a research-oriented environment.
- Data-driven, analytical mindset. Open to challenges.
- We are also looking for a good person, someone who thrives working in multidisciplinary and ever-changing environments.
IMPORTANT. Please, only apply if you have a valid working visa for Spain, and you are willing to move to Tenerife (Canary Islands, SPAIN).