Job Ref: PhD1-QNANOLAB
PhD Candidate: Novel semiconductor single photon sources
Main Tasks and responsibilities:
The applicant will join the Information and Communication Technologies Department at IMN-CSIC and the European project SEQUME: Single and Entangled Photon Sources for Quantum Metrology to develop an experimental PhD in novel single photon sources based on patented designs.
He or She will use and develop cutting-edge cryogenic quantum optics experiments to assess the brightness, purity and indistinguishability of the sources.
- Master degree in Physics or Electronic Engineering (date 2020 or later)
- Candidates finishing their Master this year will be considered as well.
- Solid State Physics/Condensed Matter
- Semiconductors: Optical and Electronic Properties
Other skills positively considered:
- Laboratory skills: optical spectroscopy and/or cryogenics
- Programming skills: matlab, python, visual basic
- Work location in IMN-CSIC (Tres Cantos, Madrid)
- One year contract extendable
- Social benefits and health insurance according to Spanish law
- 37.5 working hours/week
- Annual Gross Salary ~ 24 000 €
Send your updated CV and motivation letter to the address below before the deadline. Please include a copy of your master degree and academic transcript indicating the job reference and your name as the subject of the email.
October 10th 2022
Dr. Benito Alén (firstname.lastname@example.org)