PostDoc position in LiFi technology for smart greenhouse
Pervasive Wireless Systems Group
Deadline for receipt of applications: September 09, 2022 23:59 AoE (10 September 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
IMDEA Networks’ Pervasive Wireless System Group headed by Prof. Domenico GIUSTINIANO invites applications for a postdoc position in the area of LiFi technology for smart greenhouses. As Internet of Things (IoT) devices are getting miniaturized, new challenges must be addressed to communicate, compute and sense, and battery-free devices and new ways to communicate using light are promising solutions for sustainable agriculture. As a member of the team, the researcher will contribute to the research conducted in the team in sustainable agriculture as part of EU and national projects, working with close interaction with PhD students and international collaborators.
The position offers:
- Working in a vibrant, collaborative, multi-cultural and English-speaking environment
- The expectation to publish at top-tier venues in networking
- A unique opportunity to experiment with bleeding edge networks
- The chance of mentoring talented PhD students
The candidate should have the following skills:
- Excellent analytical, technical and problem solving skills
- Very good organization and communication skills
- Experience in building systems and experimental work in the area of visible light communication and/or backscatter systems
- Very good publication record in top academic conferences and journals
- PhD in computer science, telecommunication engineering, electrical engineering, or a related field, (note that the PhD Degree has to be obtained before the start of the labour contract)
- Proficiency in English is mandatory
Contract Duration & Type
- 24 months, renewable based on performance
- Full-time contract. Includes social and health benefits
For reference, examples of papers published by the group in LiFi technology are:
– M. Mir, B. Genoves, A. Varshney, D. Giustiniano, “PassiveLiFi: Rethinking LiFi for Low-Power and Long Range RF Backscatter”, ACM Mobicom 2021.
– J. Beysens, A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, D. Juara, D. Giustiniano, S. Pollin, “DenseVLC: A Cell-Free Massive MIMO System with Distributed LEDs”, ACM CoNEXT 2018.
– A. Galisteo, Q. Wang, A. Deshpande, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Follow that Light: Leveraging LEDs for Relative Two-Dimensional Localization”. ACM CoNEXT, 2017.
– Q. Wang, M. Zuniga, D. Giustiniano. “Passive Communication with Ambient Light”. ACM CoNEXT, 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity
IMDEA Networks Institute aims to increase the proportion of women and therefore qualified female applicants are explicitly encouraged to apply. Until a balanced ratio of men and women has been achieved at the institute, preference will be given to women if applicants have similar qualifications. IMDEA Networks Institute actively promotes diversity and equal opportunities. Applicants are not to be discriminated against in personnel selection procedures on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, religion or ideology, age, sexual orientation (anti-discrimination). People with disabilities who have the relevant qualifications are expressly invited to apply.
Este contrato podrá ser cofinanciado por el proyecto ENABLE-6G (subproyectos RISC-6G TSI-063000-2021-59 y MAP-6G TSI-063000-2021-63), financiado por el Ministerio de Asuntos Económicos y Transformación Digital conforme al Real Decreto 1040/2021 para la concesión de subvenciones a centros y fundaciones públicos de investigación y universidades públicas españolas para la realización de proyectos innovadores en el despliegue de las tecnologías 5G avanzado y 6G, en el marco del Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia financiado por la Unión Europea-NextGenerationEU
- Remember to select the following option: Post-Doc: [Post-Doc Researcher] [LiFi technology for smart greenhouse] .
- Deadline for receipt of applications: September 09, 2022 23:59 AoE (10 September 2022, 13:59h Europe/Madrid Time)
- If necessary choose as supervisor Domenico GIUSTINIANO