The Scientific Management Department is offering the position of Grants Manager.
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (in Spanish CNIO) is a leading cancer research centre in Europe. To support its scientists in obtaining external funding, the CNIO has established a Projects Office, which provides help to identify funding opportunities in competitive calls for grants to carry out research projects.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Scientific Direction and the Head of the Projects Office, the grant Manager will perform all the activities related to project funding management, especially competitive grants for R&D&I research at the CNIO.
The main tasks to be carried out are:
• Search for funding opportunities and calls, mainly at the national level, and promote internal dissemination.
• Promote, advise and support researchers in the preparation of grant applications and ensure the timely submission of the proposals and all documentation required in accordance with the conditions of each call.
• Support in the financial and technical management of funded projects during the implementation phase (control of eligible expenses, management of changes and problem, reporting).
• Coordinate all stakeholders involved in grant management: researchers, administration department, funding entities, etc.
• Update project records and databases. CNIO Project management is based on an integrated SAP management system.
• Provide support to the Events and Training departments on a temporary basis.
– University degree.
– Technical skills to be valued:
• Proved experience as a Project Manager in research entities or similar for at least 1 year.
• Experience in competitive funding programmes of the Spanish Research Plan for R&D&I will be valued, and / or in programmes promoted by other non-profit organisations (foundations, associations, etc.).
• Advanced user of common office software tools. Knowledge in other management utilities will be valued.
– A good level of spoken and written English is required. The working language at the CNIO is English.
– High organisational capacity to perform multitasking jobs.
– Have excellent communication skills combined with a high degree of proactivity and teamwork orientation.
The CNIO Offers
• The opportunity to be part of a world-leading Cancer Research Centre of Excellence.
• Competitive salary.
• Social benefits.
• A young and dynamic work environment.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly quoting the Reference: GM21 in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered: https://www.cnio.es/en/empleo/grants-manager-for-the-scientific-management-department-gm21/