The Scientific Management Department is offering the position of Senior Project Manager.
The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (in Spanish CNIO) is a leading cancer research centre in Europe. To support its scientists in obtaining extramural funding, the CNIO has established a Projects Office, which provides help to identify funding opportunities in competitive calls for grants to carry out research projects.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Scientific Direction and the Head of the Projects Office, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the management of projects funded through competitive public and private international Programmes (especially European Framework Programmes H2020 and Horizon Europe, National Institute of Health (NIH, USA), Department of Defense (DoD, USA), Worldwide Cancer Research (WCR), American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), among others) and other Programmes at the national level. Responsibilities of the position include:
• Identify funding opportunities through competitive calls for R & D & I projects in line with CNIO’s research areas. Disseminate and promote the participation of CNIO researchers in these calls, especially in international projects in collaboration with other entities.
• Give support and advice to researchers in the preparation of proposals. Check the participation requirements and carry out the administrative procedures necessary for the submission of project proposals on time. Monitoring of the evaluation, appeal and resolution processes.
• Coordinate together with the CNIO Administration and Finance department, the management of ongoing projects, budgetary control and costs allocation in accordance with the conditions established by each funder. Coordinate financial reporting and provide support in audits when required.
• The manager will be responsible for: managing the grant and consortium agreements, the coordination of consortia in collaborative projects with other entities, assessment of costs eligibility, resolution of problems, monitoring project implementation and collaborate in the preparation of the reports (scientific-economic justifications).
• Act as a liaison between researchers and funding bodies for the management of grants.
– University degree: Master’s degree or equivalent (preferably in the area of Science and/or Technology). Postgraduate and / or PhD training will be valued positively.
– It is essential to have at least three years’ experience in research centres carrying out similar tasks.
Technical skills to be valued:
• Certification of completion of training in R + D + I project management.
• Experience in managing projects funded by international programmes: European Framework Programmes (H2020 or HE): aid for both collaborative and individual projects (ERC, Marie Sklodowska Curie actions).
• Consortium management: preparation of collaboration agreements, coordination of tasks between partners, preparation of joint justifications.
• Knowledge and experience with other international programmes outside Europe (NIH, DoD, international associations and foundations, etc.) will also be positively valued.
• In-depth knowledge of the Spanish R + D + I system, the State Research Plans.
• Advanced user of common office software tools.
• Experience with integral management tools such as SAP and its application to project management will be valued.
– Proficiency command of English and work experience in international contexts. The working language at the CNIO is English.
– Initiative, flexibility and ability to resolve incidents related to their duties.
– Have excellent organisational and communication skills combined with a high degree of proactivity and teamwork orientation.
The CNIO Offers
• The opportunity to be part of a world-leading Cancer Research Centre of Excellence.
• Competitive salary.
• Social benefits.
• A young and dynamic work environment.
Applicants should send their applications by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly quoting the Reference: SPM in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications and resumes without a reference will not be considered: https://www.cnio.es/en/empleo/senior-project-manager-for-the-scientific-management-department-spm/