LOMARTOV is an environmental engineering consultancy, specialized in supporting R&D, industrial and technology-based projects with a multidisciplinary approach. We have a validated experience in technology transfer, coaching and assessment, supporting both the upscaling and exploitation phase of the projects, and especially the assessment of the environmental, economic and social impacts of novel technology-based solutions, through Life Cycle Assessment approach, circular economy modeling, and methods from the social, economic and engineering sciences.
Our main goal is to support companies and innovative projects becoming more sustainable, mitigating and balancing their daily impact on our planet and resources, ensuring at the same time a safe and successful market uptake of innovative technologies, with a high impact potential for our economies and societies.
The Senior Engineer Expert in Sustainability will be directly involved in the European activities of the company developing and carrying out research activities strongly related with the sustainable evaluation and validation of novel processes and technologies. The researcher will be mainly in charge of conducting Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Life Cycle Cost studies (LCC), Social LCA (sLCA) and Eco-design activities both for international projects and private contracts.
Other complementary activities will be also part of the daily duties of the researcher, tailored to the scope of each project or contract, such as: Circular Economy modelling; Carbon and water footprint calculation; Material Flow Analysis (MFA); modelling and simulation of specific processes; Levelized Cost Analysis; proposition of Material Circularity Indicators (MCI); Risk Assessments in terms of Health and Safety criteria of the process/product considered; Recyclability assessments; Inventory and analysis of the regulatory and certification framework of the targeted project, to facilitate its standardisation and market uptake.
The candidate will be responsible for performing these tasks and studies in diverse and transversal sectors, aligned with the activities of current projects, and also with the European research and innovation strategy. Potential, but not exclusive domains of activities will be: renewable energies and fuels; advanced sustainable materials; novel bio-sourced products and bioeconomy development; wastes valorisation and industrial symbiosis; sustainable mobility, Smart Cities and Smart Buildings; environmental management, and climate mitigation and adaptation.
KEY REQUIREMENTS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Over 5 years of professional experience in research and innovation. A strong engineering knowledge basis will be essential for this role. Specific knowledge in Eco-design and Life Cycle Assessment methodology will be a key requirement.
- Ability to support the generation of valuable insights on sustainability related topics, and in preparing clear and compelling reports and presentations of results (mainly in English).
- Innovation capacity and new ideas to be implemented in the projects and company’s activities will be positively evaluated.
- Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in scientific field (e.g. Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Engineering among others).
- PhD or postdoctoral activity in the field of Sustainable Development, LCA and Eco-Design, showing a strong understanding and analytical skills towards sustainability topics.
- Excellent level of Spanish and English (C1/C2 level in both languages).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment and adaptive capabilities to different research sectors. Ready to face new challenges, able to work under pressure and used to EU deadlines, ability to work effectively as a member of a team, flexibility, and high motivation.
- Problem-solving approach, proactive and decisive attitude.
- Experience in European R&D projects (FP7, H2020) is an asset.
- Full availability to travel.
- Positive work environment, with a professional team in a dynamic developing company.
- Full-time employment (40 hours per week).
- Annual contract, renewable with the guarantee of permanent contract.
- Immediate incorporation.
- Salary will be fixed according to qualifications and experience.