The candidate will be participating in different European Projects analyzing the value chain of innovative process and materials production. In addition, LCC activities are included as well as social-LCA.
The selected candidate will be linked to the sustainability area of ICCRAM. The research will be executed in collaboration with different European institutions and companies as part of different project consortiums.
Additionally to the scientific independence, it is expected that the candidate has management skills supporting the project management activities related with H2020 European Projects. In addition, the candidate will provide support in proposal writing in the field of LCSA.
- Definition of the priorities and time schedule for the LCA / LCC for the different materials and methods required in the different on-going EU Projects.
- Communication with partners for data inventory and environmental strategy in the different projects’ specific products (Waste Cooking Oil refinement processes, nanocrystalline alloys, graphene, lightweight materials, biobased materials, etc.).
- Determination of LCA / LCC scope and identification of environmental performance of different products and industries.
- Evaluation of the environmental and economic performance through LCA and LCC approaches of scaling-up strategies.
- Definition of strategies for scaling-up and process optimization thought the environmental and economic perspective, following the eco-design perspective.
- Research on Characterization Factors
- Project Management support in EU Projects.
- Report of the activities, participation and presentation of the work developed in Project Meetings.
- Proposal writing support
- MSc Degree in Industrial/Mechanical/Materials Engineering, Chemistry Engineering, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related disciplines.
- PhD in the mentioned disciplines will be valuable.
- At least Five years of experience in the field of sustainability assessment, process optimization, metallic materials and/or nanomaterials.
- Skills in LCA software- GABI or SIMAPRO.
- Experience in participation in European Projects, including management activities.
- Great communicative (both written and spoken) skills in English (at least C1 level).
- Proven international professional expertise and excellent collaborative skills.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Availability and willingness to travel abroad for project meetings and research secondments.
- Proficiency in MS Office. Complementary software will be valuable.