A PhD position is available in the Graphene Group at the Insitute for Optoelectronic Systems and Microtechnology (www.isomgraphene.es) at Technical University of Madrid, Spain. The PhD student will contribute to the fabrication of graphene by chemical vapour deposition and the development of graphene-based plasmonic devices in a clean room. The research will be conducted within the framework of a Spanish consortium aiming at the exploration of the properties and applications of novel 2D materials (project NMAT2D S2018/NMT-4511).
WHAT WE OFFER
- 2-year fellowship (renewable for 2 more years) for pursuing a PhD degree.
- Excellent facilities and international atmosphere.
- Research stays in partner labs in Europe and USA as well as attendance to international scientific conferences.
WHAT WE NEED
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor and a Master Degree in Engineering or Physics,with outstanding qualifications (average > 7.5/10).
- C1 English level, goal-oriented mindset, creativity, teamwork & communication skills
- Previous research experience will be highly valued
- Applicants should send a letter of interest, CV, and transcripts to Prof. FernandoCalle (email@example.com) and Dr. Jorge Pedrós (firstname.lastname@example.org)